Sunday, March 2, 2008

General Update - March 2nd 2008

Congratulations to Zaak for keeping up with this! I need to get back to it.

* 1. Finish reading "The Case For Christ" (**NEW**)
I started reading this because of a new friend who has challenged me to remind myself why it is, exactly that I believe what I do, and I have added to that challenge by aiming to REMEMBER this time. It's sad, isn't it? My excuse is lame, I know...I just feel like my brain is on overload so much of the time, and it's easy to forget the "whys," even though I know I've been through this all before and had everything straight. But that doesn't help one little bit in the here and now when you're asked very good questions that you KNOW you should know your answers for. I'm hoping this book will help get me going. I got the book from the library (note to self...time to renew) and am about 1/2 way through. I think the best chapter so far had been the one I'm on now, "The Profile Evidence."

* 2. Learn a new piano piece
I haven't even picked one yet, but my students will hopefully be performing in a recital at the end of April, and I need something to play. Good motivation.

* 3. Clean the ceiling fans.

I cleaned the one in the kitchen. Just need to do the bedroom one. Wait, I think I did it. Nevermind. This one is DONE!

* 3. Complete the "Family" wall of pictures at church (**NEW**)
I came up with the idea and committed to do this quite some time ago.

I've made little steps: purchasing 100 of those little pine frames from Ikea, paint, brushes and some of those nice, large letters for your wall to spell "Family"...as well as some 4x6 mirrors to go in a few of the frames. I also got a bunch of people together to help me PAINT the 100 frames.

Now the pictures need to go in them, and they need to be hung in a STRAIGHT grid on the wall in the foyer at church. And the letters need to be hung. I hear this is a nightmare. Anyone done this successfully before? This all NEEDS to be done in the next couple of weeks...

* 4. File the papers that need to be saved from the former "shredding" pile

Honestly, I don't even know where this pile is. I think it's on the desk here somewhere. I guess this is a small part of my greater goal to generally pare down the contents of our house. I'm starting to feel closed in by "stuff."

* 5. Keep the counters clear each night for 1 week

Good goal for this week!!

No comments: