Friday, November 23, 2007

New #5 - The Kitchen Counters

Now, you'd think that being that I'm not working many hours, it would be easy to keep an immaculate house. Not so. You'd be very surprised at how easy it is to fill a day with a little of everything...a little sleeping in (not too late), which means going to the gym later, a little more visiting with friends, a little more time to do errands around town (which probably would have gone undone, otherwise), a little time on the computer (ok, maybe more than a little)....SO as a small, attainable goal, working towards the goal of having a clean, mostly neat house (I don't mind a little "lived in" look...just not messy or dirty), my goal is to keep my kitchen counters clear of dirty dishes, mail, other paper, etc., etc., etc., as of bedtime each night for 1 week, any 7 day stretch.

2 comments:

Kelsie-lou said...

2 days and counting!!

Amber said...

I've been doing the dishes every night before I go to bed (to be fair Zaak sometimes does them) since we lost our housekeeper. It's something I'm very proud of because I've never been great at keeping a clean house, but I love a clean rack of dishes and an empty sink when I get up - so I did it! And I've been doing it for about 2 months now! So you can do it too Kelsie! I believe in you!