Friday, November 23, 2007

5.1 - LONG Overdue

Apparently I've been living with Aaron for FAR too long...the punniness is really starting to rub off on me....AUGHGHGHGH!!!!

I went to the library to get a card. Very exciting. I filled out the info, paid my $10. They said I had to wait about 10 minutes to get everything in the computer, but I had places to be, so I said I'd come back and pick it up........................

.................A few hours later I returned to pick up my library card. A different worker was there, but said I couldn't have the card as I had outstanding overdue fees from my last card (I had almost forgotten I ever had a card before...). She didn't seem to really know what the deal was, so called the worker I had talked to earlier...I owed a grand total of $2.84, which HAD to be paid before they could release my card to me. A couple of things ran through my mind. First of all, I suddenly felt like some sort of petty criminal, as if I was trying to get a NEW library card to avoid paying my old fees. Or at least that's what I thought THEY thought... Secondly, I thought HOW ridiculous is this? I obviously got this card so I could use it...I'm obviously going to be back, so what if I don't pay the $2.84 right now? I dug through my wallet, and found I had about $0.78...between the ridiculosity of it all and the annoyance I felt at feeling like a petty criminal, I was ready to just say "forget it," but I didn't want to have to think about the $2.06 that I would have to bring in the next time...THEN, miracle of miracles, I found a $5 stashed in behind some cards in my wallet. Whew. So, I paid the $2.84. Now I have my library card.



Now if I could just find the $50 I seem to have misplaced...Grrr.

3 comments:

Zaak said...

Kelsie, this is a powerful card. You can get books through interlibrary loans!!! Power. Use it wisely.

Good job paying for you iniquities.

Kelsie-lou said...

Yes, my grievous sins, I know...

Amber said...

My sin is envy over your library card! HOW I miss libraries!!! When we lived in Spruce Grove I went to the library nearly every week! You lucky duck:)