Wednesday, September 5, 2007

4.1 - Does it count if someone else does it FOR you?

Aaron went out and bought a paper shredder today, and shredded a bunch of stuff. We didn't have as much as Petra, but that's not counting the 2-3 boxes in the garage..boo...I decided "back-shredding" was just too overwhelming, so we'll wait till those boxes are 10 years old, then pitch them in the dump. They'll decompose!

New Petersen Paper Plan:
1)If it's a bill, it goes in the folder, gets shredded after it's paid.
2)If it's a personal document with name, address, etc., that is unwanted and unnecessary, it gets shredded NOW.

I finished the rest of the shredding while chatting on MSN tonight. I was very careful not to go beyond the "recommended shredding time" specified in the manual....I learned my lesson when I burnt out our first paper shredder in about 2 weeks. Whoops! I think the current stuff is now taken care of and the Triple P Plan can commence.

Here's to a paper-clutter-less existence!!!

2 comments:

Zaak said...

Is the threat of identity theft really that high? Must have shot up while I've been away. I just can't picture too many people going through my trash.

P said...

Identity theft is a pretty big problem here (The states). A lot of my friends have had to deal with it. And it's kind of hard to recover from.

So Kelsie, is your shredder quiet? Mine is so noisy that all I could do was sit in front of it and shred. No tv, music or anything. But it's pretty archaic.